Book Deal!

In October, I signed with a fabulous agent, Jill Marr, at the Surrey International Writers’ Conference.

Now, in the time it takes to gestate a baby, we’ve sold it.

Book. Deal.

My manuscript, now entitled DON’T LICK THE MINIVAN: Things I Never Thought I’d Say As a Parent, has been acquired by Skyhorse Publishing, America’s fastest growing small publisher (according to Publisher’s Weekly at least). Amongst other things, Skyhorse publishes a lot of quirky non-fiction. Some of the titles they’ve acquired in the past few months include Route 66 Still Kicks, Peanut Butter Comfort, 50 Shades of Pleasure, and Pride, Prejudice and Kitties

Here is the official Publishers’ Marketplace announcement:

If you can read that, you don’t need to visit an optometrist.

I’m pretty excited. I may even be doing my happy dance.

This brings me to a flashback of sorts. Just days after I signed with my agent, my writing buddy, Clay Morgan, sent me this link, with the note: ” I managed to find a fellow Canadian who wanted to offer his happy dance in celebration of the big moment.”

Pretty sure I’m flying.

Be prepared for a crash landing.

And thanks, eh?

This wouldn’t have happened without you.

~

By the way, I’m going back to the Surrey International Writers’ Conference (just outside of Vancouver) this October. So is Jill. As are my Wordbitches, Elena and Trish. And maybe Nancy. You should come!

Comments

SQUEE!!! I am also doing a happy dance that includes knobby knees and bony elbows. I reserve it for those whom I LOVE and am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY for and are SO RICHLY DESERVING. These people also get multiple words in ALL CAPS.

Mwah!

WOWZA! Congratulations, Leanne! I love, love, love the title of the book. It’s so YOU!

Details. I want details. Publishing date. Dates for book signing tour in Texas. How you plan to profile me in your acknowledgements…

I knew it was only a matter of time. Your voice. Your humoUr rocks! I’m so excited, I’ll even give you a pass on my Land of the U hogs tally. Use all you need for your book.

You’re welcome.

[And, thanks for the eye exam. You saved me a ton of money in Optometrist expenses. I feared I would never experience free Canadian health care.]

3. Ricky Anderson says

Congratulations!

I noticed the announcement spelled it ‘humor’. Glad to see you finally got it right!

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am so beyond words happy for you! Excellent work, friend. Let the celebrating begin. Personally, I will have a Living Room Dance Party in your honor. (I would go with fried pickles but it’s 9 in the morning here.)

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! *happy happy happy dance* Congratulations, Leanne!! This is SO exciting, but I must say, not a ‘lick’ surprising.

Oh. SQUEE.

Double squee!

CONGRATS! I’m so flippin’ stoked for you, Lee Anne. (Hubs just asked why I shrieked. ;)) Can’t wait to celebrate the release and read it once it’s out. I hope you’re celebrating big time.

Yay!!! Congratulations. I’m super excited for you. Fabulous title and adored the Jim Cary clip. I can’t wait to give you a congrats hug in person in Oct.

8. EllieAnn says

Boooook deaaaaaal! *throws confetti all over your house and car and panty drawer*
    Wahoo. I’m so freakin’ excited for you. And I can’t wait to read your book! I want to do a big blog post/interview with you near the release date. Can I do that? Do I have to speak to your publicist first?

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhh!!!! Congratulations!!! :D I am so happy for you and so thoroughly unsurprised to hear this wonderful news! I’m looking forward to adding another physical book to my shelf of authors I actually know – almost in person!

:D

10. Lauri Meyers says

I can’t wait to read it! And to laugh at your terrible parenting skills. Then cry that mine are worse.

I’m a little late to this party but not any less excited than the others here! YAY LEANNE!!! {{{pompoms waving}}} *fireworks*, etc, etc – fantastic news and no surprise! I’ve got my finger on the download button as soon as the book is live!