Welcome to the eighth installment and the penultimate post of The Worst Toys of 2012.
Today, I am giving out The Gross Award. This stomach-turning award is given to a toy that would give a toddler or a great-grandparent nightmares.
It gives me near-sadistic pleasure to present the 2012 Gross Award to The Walking Dead RV Zombie action figure.
While in my local toy store, I found the RV Zombie across from a menagerie of stuffed animals that sing. Part of me was hoping Mr. RV would escape his packaging and put an end to the saccharine versions of It’s a Small World After All.
Top 5 Reasons This Toy Amuses Me But Would Be a Sucky Gift for My 8-Year-Old Twins
- If you look carefully underneath the “RV Zombie” label on the packaging, you will see the doll has “neck snapping action.”
- Yes, the head does kind of rip off.
- The man/zombie/thingie has a knife in his eye. And I grew up thinking the pinky-promise chant was “poke a needle in your eye.”
- The RV Zombie action figure is for ages 13 and up. My husband, who is more than 3x this minimum-recommended age, wants to collect the whole set. For himself.
- RV Zombie might make me and my kids too scared to enter the Ironic Mom Tour Bus.
Do you watch The Walking Dead?
What’s the scariest show/movie you’ve seen?