Well, we’ve made it to the final award in my list of The Worst Toys of 2012.
The final presentation is The Noisy Award. This award goes to the toy a parent is most likely to (a) yank the batteries out on Boxing Day, (b) drive over it with a zamboni on New Year’s, or (c) re-gift it to a niece or nephew who lives across the country come spring.
Without further ado, I present this year’s Noisy Award to the Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Sing & Stroll Musical Purse.
Five reasons why the Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Sing & Stroll Musical Purse should be destroyed:
- It’s way too easy to operate. I imagine it would start playing the moment you shoved it into your toy box or frisbee-d it over your fence.
- It has many pre-recorded Minnie Mouse songs that will make you wish for a quick death.
- It has voice effects which lets your child transform her voice to sound like Minnie Mouse and record it. Clearly we need more girls who sound like airheads.
- Two reviewers (out of two) complained that the microphone broke within two weeks. Cynical me thinks both sets of parents purposely yanked out the microphone.
- The Sing and Stroll Musical Purse has an applause button. Because we need to reward girls when they sound like airheads.
Still not convinced? Play this sound bite. It’s twenty-eight seconds of pure helium hell.
Now it’s your turn. How would you recommend parents destroy the Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Sing & Stroll Musical Purse?