- It is easier to find the lost city of Atlantis than it is to find your own dental floss when five women are staying in a single hotel room.
- Five thousand bloggers can bring the best free wifi to its knees.
- People, even famous-y people, are super friendly (or possibly drunk), including Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman) and Ilana Wiles (Mommy Shorts). I was not able to meet Queen Latifah.
- I’m a pathetic mom because I was disappointed my son lost one of his teeth when I was away. I was most upset because I didn’t get to yank it out, something I enjoy. Instead, he ran into a closet door. He preferred this way of extraction to me pulling his tooth.
- The women who write for NickMom.com are freaking hilarious. I need to up my game and start writing for NickMom again.
- You can meet new BFFs anywhere. I present the awesome Andrea from Mommy Gearest.
- Chicago is an awesome city. Architecture and design are underrated in most modern cities; this is not so in the Windy City.
- The food at The Purple Pig is so good it’s worth a trip to Chicago.
- Slovenia produces excellent wine. Try Pullus’ Pinot Grigio.
- The coldest Saturday in Chicago history was a perfect 19 C. Spot the Canadian.
- Calgary bloggers always have your back. Thank you, Merry, Melissa, and Brooke.
- My daughter is a poet. She texted me, “I miss you like a butterfly misses its chrysalis.” Also, what’s a chrysalis?
*Numbers 6 and 13 decided to run away from the circus. Whatev.
Your turn: What did you learn in July?