It’s been just days since we were in balmy Arizona and busy Southern California.
I could share beautiful, sunset pictures taken over the Colorado River from my lawn chair.
Or I could share some of the oddities that we saw, heard, and witnessed.
Here, then, are 10 Bizarre Things We Experienced on Vacation:
- A guy visibly packing a Glock on his way into Yuma’s Best Buy. Apparently he got a really good deal on 20 TVs.
- A Beware-of-tanks-crossing sign.
- Two mimes driving a new Mercedes sedan on a SoCal freeway.
- A kazillion cacti, the F-U of vegetation.
- Good wine on sale for 4.99. As my mom says, “You can’t afford not to drink it!”
- Santa riding a horse on the beach. Santa is from Calgary (it’s cold here). And I know his brother-in-law.
- The Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. Who knew?
- A barista in Starbucks who said, “So I got my husband a shotgun for Christmas.”
- An actual tumbleweed.
- A Titan II missile that is very phallic. As are the organ pipe cacti, come to think of it.
What bizarre things have you experienced over the past few weeks?